Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

May 2015: Ben Likes His Eat-N-Parks Nice and Dirty, and Other Atrocities

I was watching a movie with JC, Dres, and Syd today, and at one point, JC turned to me and said, "Are you having a hard time not talking during this?"
And then, she let me talk to her during the movie, because she understands my need to talk at all times. She's the real MVP.
................................................
This is honestly the best coming out video I've ever seen. Holy cow.
.............................................
So, apparently Ben had a dream that Mikayla came over to our house, and she stole his iPod and went and hid in his room and wouldn't come out. He was super mad, and kept demanding that she give it back, but she wouldn't, and the door would only open a sliver of the way, so finally, he stuck his middle finger through the door and said, "Hey Mikayla, I bet you can't guess which finger this is!"
.............Which is my new favourite story of all time.
..........................................
Sometimes I'm like, "Why was I so obsessed with This Is Gospel a few months ago...?"
And then I listen to it, and I'm like, "IF YOU LOVE ME LET ME GOOOOO"
It's kind of amazing.
..........................................
I went to Arisa's house today and tried to log into her laptop with my password, as if it would work. It was honestly just muscle memory, like, I didn't even think about it...which is kind of sad.
..................................................
Watching Eurovision with Johanna! She's awesome, I'm so glad that we get to watch it together! Technology is honestly so cool.
And by watching Eurovision, I kind of mean talking about how hot Loik is. He's basically amazing.
This is honestly so cool, though! We're both watching it from different countries, and they messaging one another about everything that happens. And neither of us is in Europe.
Technology is honestly so amazing.
....................................................
Ben: "I don't like this Eat 'N Park. It's too clean. I like my Eat 'N Parks nice and dirty."
........................................
Today, I was with Ben in a store, and Thanks for the Memories came on, so, I sang the entire song (read: screamed the song in his face) and jumped around, as one does. He was not amused.
...This is why people won't take me in public anymore.
(There are already two posts too many about emo music in this blog post. I need to get it together).
....................................
SING TO MY SOUL, BRENDON
(I've already failed at my goal)
........................................
TOM FLETCHER AND HIS SON ARE SO PRECIOUS OMG
This babywearing Dad and his adorable baby...they just slay me. Oh, my word. My heart.
................................................
Ben, Harley, and I went shopping at the Asian market today, and it was really, really special and cool. It almost felt a little bit surreal, like, "Wow, am I actually here shopping for ramen with Harley? Deja vu." It was just weird and cool to be doing that again, like we used to. Except now, instead of being three little kids, dashing down the isles in search of the perfect flavour of ramen, yelling to one another excitedly about the discovery of another pack of Pocky, and searching the shelves for a cool pair of chopsticks, we walk the isles and gaze at the items, we three. We three: One in a Hank Green shirt, insisting on reading all of the packaging and announcing what all of the items are, excitedly squealing at certain vegetables or fruits and announcing, "I used to eat this all of the time in Japan." One nine months pregnant, choosing her favourite ramen and wondering if they have anything here that she can save for her precious baby, so excitedly anticipated and adored. One ambling about with his skater's gait (I'm not sure how he even manages to walk like a skater. He's got talent), cracking jokes and making references to his favourites Vines, insisting on buying Sriracha, even though we both know he'll never eat it. It was so striking to see the contrast. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
................................................
I've been reading A LOT of Hobo Mama recently! Here's a quote that I particularly enjoyed:
"I've been thinking a lot about grace lately, and receiving things I don't need or deserve. It started with Sam, because he's been expounding on it to me, in his mini-sermon way. Normally I think sermons are boring and day dream through them, but for some reason Sam's always resonate with me, and I start seeing the world through his eyes and go, 'Yes! It's true!'" -- Lauren Wayne, On Grace and Freebies 
...................................................
Today, JC came over, and she was talking about the characters that she creates, and was making up hypothetical stories for them, and she kept mentioning babywearing, and talking about her characters babywearing, and BE STILL MY HEART, it just made me so, so very happy. I love babywearing. And JC. And/both.
...............................................
I got to meet baby Dominic today! He is so, so precious<3 I am so excited for Harley. He is an angel baby <3 I feel so lucky to be Dominic's Auntie.
Baby Dominic,
I love you!
I am so lucky to be your Auntie.
I will always be there for you.
I want you to have an amazing life.
Harley,
You can do this!
You are going to be an amazing Mummy.
You are caring and sweet.
Dominic is finally here!
I am so very happy for, and proud of, you.
...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment