Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

January 2015: Wheezy Waiter is Basically Jackson from Gilmore Girls, and Other Observations


I went to read the words "Freeze Dried" out loud today and said "Fries dreed." Like, out loud, to Ben. It was awkward. Almost as bad as the time I said "Gallians of the Guardaxy."
...I need to get my act together.
...................................
Tumblr wisdom:
"Yo, can some of you dudes sit on the other side of this table? We look ridiculous." - Jesus at the Last Supper
................................................
My Mom is on the phone with her phone company and it's actually the funniest thing ever.
"What do you mean it's out of warranty? I bought it three months ago!"
She is 1000% percent done.
.......................................................
"This is what happens when you don't go to college. You end up drinking wine in a bathtub in the afternoon in front of a camera." -- Lucas Cruikshank
...................................................
Today I told my Mom that I really liked memes about the song Milkshake (it kind of made more sense in context. Not really. Just roll with me).
A little while later, she came up, showed me a picture that she took of a cup sitting in a field, and said, “I caption this ‘waiting for the boys’.” 
.....................................................
"The Babylonians invented the second, but the Egyptians invented the hour. Think about THAT for a minute.....Get it? ALSO invented by the Babylonians."  -- A quote from my friend's six year old. Also, my new favorite thing to say, ever. 
.....................................................
I was at the mall with Ben today and he pointed into a store and was like, “Oh look, rugs,” and I was totally baffled trying to figure out what he was talking about, but there were a bunch of Uggs in the window, so I responded, “Does rugs stand for rachet Uggs or something?”
Apparenly he was talking about drug rugs (like, the sweatshirt), and now he won't stop making fun of me for thinking that saying "rugs" was a thing.
He keeps making up these conversations like
"Daaang, look at her ruuuugs!"
"What did you just say about my Uggs? Come at me!"
Make it stop. 
.......................................................
I just found Troye Sivan's 2012 "Year in Review" (I know, I'm a little bit behind), and it's beautiful, just like everything else he does. He is a gift to this world.

................................................
Troye in the first scene of this video is me all of the time. Yum, Nutella <3

....................................
I've mentioned The 1975 nonchalantly in conversation on two different occasions, both times to someone who is much cooler and more in the know that I am, and neither of them had heard of them at all. What? I've heard of things before other people have?! I feel so successful right now.
I'm slightly shocked. "I'M in the loop? I'm never in the loop."
Does this mean I get to be hipster-y about them when they become super mainstream, like, "Excuse you, I knew about them way back in 2014."
......They have, like, 11,000,000 views on YouTube, so probably not.
..............................................
Me: Hey Ben, I used a quote from Tom Hanks in my College Application essay.
Ben: "There's no crying in baseball"?
Yes, Ben. That one.
.......................................................
Interesting fact: When I was trying to find those Troye gifs, I put in "Troye Sivan" and Google suggested that I search for "Troye Sivan Girlfriend"
.................................................
"Is Huckleberry Finn, like, a gay thing?" -- My Brother
Apparently this is what he took away from the movie "Easy A".
....................................
Transparent won a Golden Globe yesterday, and they dedicated it to Leelah Alcorn. That just meant so much to me. I might have cried a tiny bit, because Leelah's story makes me cry, and it was so awesome that they publicly dedicated this to her.
 Leelah, you are important, and I will remember your story forever. We will not forget you, and your words will be the impetus that kickstarts social change. I think that the world will be different because of you. Different, and better. I hope that your story will be a wake-up call to parents who are not accepting of their children, and I KNOW that when my generation becomes parents, we will raise our children to love freely, and to be themselves. And we will remember you. We will change the world for you, Leelah, and for everyone like you, who has had to suffer for who they are.
Rest in Power, Leelah. You are our laser Princess.



..............................................
This video of Glozelle meeting Princess Tiana at Disney World is the sweetest thing ever <3 Representation matters!
...........................................
I just saw a page on FB called "Click like if you love your kids!"
Man. No pressure or anything.
............................................
College applications are slowly sapping my savings. I know it will all be worth it in the end, but daaaang, this stuff is expensive.
Every time I have to pay for something new, I'm like:

.........................................
Someone just compared my Mom and me to Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. I think that this might be the best day of my life.
...............................................
I had training for work yesterday, and one of the girls is legit 8 and 1/2 months pregnant. She was deep breathing during the meeting and someone was like, "Bro, are you okay?" When she responded with "I'm having contractions," the entire meeting stopped and everyone was like, "OHHHH MY GOOOSH." But, no children were birthed at the meeting. She stayed remarkably calm and remained there for the entire meeting. She's the real MVP, honestly. I think she should get the Congressional Medal of Honor or something for sitting through a meeting abut SmartBoard usage with heavy contractions.
............................................
"One day, they're going to just come out and say that they're gay already" -- Ben after seeing GIFs of Dan and Phil. Possibly mirroring the thoughts and aspirations of every Phan shipper.
...............................................
This poem means a lot to me:
THEORIES ABOUT THE UNIVERSE

I am trying to see things in perspective.
My dog wants a bite of my peanut butter
chocolate chip bagel. I know she cannot
have this, because chocolate makes dogs
very sick. My dog does not understand this.
She pouts and wraps herself around my leg
like a scarf and purrs and tries to convince me
to give her just a tiny bit. When I do not give in,
she eventually gives up and lays in the corner,
under the piano, drooping and sad. I hope the
universe has my best interest in mind like I have
my dogs. When I want something with my whole
being, and the universe withholds it from me,
I hope the universe thinks to herself: "Silly girl.
She thinks this is what she wants, but she
does not understand how it will hurt.
—  THEORIES ABOUT THE UNIVERSE by Blythe Baird
................................................
I was just watching Gilmore Girls with Ben. It was the first time he's ever seen Jackson. The second Jackson came onto the screen, I paused it and was like, "Ben, who does this look like?" And right away, he answered, "Wheezy Waiter." Which means I'm not crazy, and he really DOES look like Wheezy Waiter. So, yay?
The first time I saw a Wheezy Waiter video, I Googled him and read his entire Wikipedia on the spot because I was SURE it was the guy who plays Jackson (spoiler alert: it's not). It's not only that he looks like him, he SOUNDS like him, too. It's uncanny. I might add the photos in here (once the photos are right next to each other, I guarantee you that they'll look nothing alike, because the world likes to conspire against my stupid theories, but whatever)
Wheezywaiter
I just Googled "Jackson," as if this image would magically be the first thing waiting for me on the other side of the search. Unfortunatley, Google isn't THAT smart.
Oh my gosh, you guys, they look alike. I'M TOTALLY NOT CRAZY. This is exciting for me.
Watch Wheezywaiter here, and watch various clips of Jackson from Gilmore Girls here, if you are so inclined.
.....................................................
I saw two Mormon missionaries today while I was out, and I didn't bother them by asking loads of questions, or by singing. Good job, me.

. ..................................................................................................................
And now, for everyone's favourite part of my journal, the "Random things that I enjoy from Tumblr" part:
I loled.



Breaking news! This seems like it's obvious, but I needed this reminder.

I send this picture to anyone who asks me questions about myself that I don't feel like answering.

I have a friend who is always saying this. I may have saved this to send back to her during the summer when she complains about the heat. Maybe.


This is lovely.

I cry because it's so painfully accurate.

I died over this XD

"Panic at the Party"

Comeback goals

Jennifer Lawrence is a gift to this world.

I don't know why I think this is so funny, but I die every time I see it.
UPDATE: I showed it to Ben and he laughed hysterically. He gets it, whatever "it" is.

"She had her eye on both of them"

Honest question

Actual photograph of me

Gordo/Lizzie was my OTP circa 2002

Drake Bell is everything

Me.
Just kidding, I actually can't go back to the library anymore, because when I left to go abroad, I forgot that I left had a huge stack of library books that I had been reading with Adora and Juno in my room. They remained in there for at least a month, until my Mom went into my room and noticed them sitting there (thanks, Mummy!). It was, like, 25 books. I'm in so much debt to the library now. I don't even want to talk about it.

I saved this because I wanted to start playing this game..I had forgotten about this XD

I love Aussies
Accurate

I love John Green so much

I would die

My foolproof plan


No comments:

Post a Comment